Seagate Reseller News: quotes without comment

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Sun Aug 19 01:07:59 AEST 1990

In <32878 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:

>Besides the eleven (ten ST251 and one ST157) drives that went belly-up
>for me, I have hundreds of email items from others reporting problems with ALL
>Seagate drives, with the ST251 being the prime offender (re: stiction and
>non-spin).
Every time I turn my machine off (very, very rarely), I have to open it
up, take out the ST-251, and give it a whack against the heel of my
hand to get it to spin up.  Other than that, it's a great drive...
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Tim Evans	2201 Brookhaven Ct, Fallston, MD 21047