Additional Hard Drives for 3B2

Todd Young young at npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM
Fri Aug 10 07:50:07 AEST 1990

We need to add an additional hard drive to our 3B2 CMS system. AT&T has
told us we need to purchase an external disk controller which will
master four drives, and of course the drive itself.

The 3B2 has what is labeled as a SCSI host adapter. Can someone please
enlighten me as to why we need both the external controller and a drive.

Also is there any other less expensive alternatives in the form of other
vendors hardware which will do the job.

Thanks in advance.

Todd Young                     todd.young at StPaul.NCR.COM   ( Todd Young )
NCR Comten, St. Paul, Mn.
612-638-7582