two questions about the 3b1

David T. Sandberg dts at quad.sialis.mn.org
Thu Aug 16 18:23:39 AEST 1990

In article <24776 at boulder.Colorado.EDU> andersom at tramp.Colorado.EDU (ANDERSON MARC O) writes:
:[1] - Is it just me (or my machine) or does it take all of you 3b1'ers
:a half an hour to compile small stuff with g++?  (gnu c++)

And shortly thereafter writes:
:[2] - I have a 3b1 with a 20 meg miniscribe harddrive....  I just figured
:out how to leach my brains out with FTP, and now have about 75 blocks
:remaining on my system....

Your observed slowness of g++ compiles might be directly related to
your dearth of free disk.  Caveat: I've never used g++, so I don't
know what kind of demands it makes on disk space.  Nor do I know if
this slowness was observed before your disk space was thus reduced.
Still, it's a thought...

--
 \\                                 \   David Sandberg, consultant   \\
 //         "Small hats!"           /   Richfield MN                 //