bash & the att3b1

Marty Lefkowitz lefko at vaxwaller.UUCP
Wed Aug 15 02:06:11 AEST 1990

I tried making bash on my 3b1 last night.  I found a few problems.
Seeing as how I bought the machine used, and I'm more used to berkeley
unix, I don't really have a good feel for whats supposed to be on
there.  Anyway I found a number of errors while making. Most were
simple.

1. When I first ran make it couldn't figure out what machine it was so
I had to tell it.

2. alloca-files/alloca.c had to be compiled by hand because somehow
the makefile believed it was already there.

3. NO_DUP2 had to be defined because I didn't have one.  Once I did
that NOFILE was undefined so I changed it to ENOENT (or whatever
I thought NOFILE should be)

4. siglist was undefined, and I can't find where the signal table is
so I had to tell it I didn't have one, but I would imagine that I just
couldn't find it.

This is the one that stopped me.

5. The linker could not find opendir(), readir() and creatdir().
Neither could I.  Does anyone know how to get around this problem?