bash & the att3b1

Brendan Kehoe kehoe at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu
Wed Aug 22 08:00:49 AEST 1990

In <4440 at vaxwaller.UUCP>, lefko at vaxwaller.UUCP writes:
>2. alloca-files/alloca.c had to be compiled by hand because somehow
>the makefile believed it was already there.

 Hmm...when I did it I didn't have that problem..

>3. NO_DUP2 had to be defined because I didn't have one.  Once I did
>that NOFILE was undefined so I changed it to ENOENT (or whatever
>I thought NOFILE should be)

 GOD was this a pain..it took forever; I sarted to write my own dup2()
(I was *so* pissed that it was in the manual but not installed), then I
finally came upon the define.

>4. siglist was undefined, and I can't find where the signal table is
>so I had to tell it I didn't have one, but I would imagine that I just
>couldn't find it.

 I had to convert this to something like:

	oldsig = signal(SIG_WHATEVERITWAS,newsig)

 Then when sigrestore() was called, I just set it back to OLDSIG; seems
to have worked.

>This is the one that stopped me.
>
>5. The linker could not find opendir(), readir() and creatdir().
>Neither could I.  Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

 Yep...type the stuff in from The C Programming Language's Unix section
(at least that's what I did).
 When I go to work tomorrow I'll go get the sources that I mod'd and
send 'em to you so you can see what's different. (For the readers of
comp.lang.c, this is one of the big reasons I started to hate the 3b1..)

Brendan Kehoe | Soon: brendan at cs.widener.edu
For now: kehoe at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu | Or: bkehoe at widener.bitnet