6386 Performance

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.uucp
Wed Aug 15 04:26:54 AEST 1990

In article <1334 at svin02.info.win.tue.nl> wsinpdb at svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Paul de Bra) writes:
=In fact, 8MB is still not a luxury for 1 user running X.
=
=You need not worry about your 16 user limit (except that you paid for
=unlimited) if you have only 4MB. You wouldn't want that many users
=anyway.

Well, I found the unlimited upgrade disk in the box the rest of the
software came in, so that's out of the way.

I have 8 MB on the 6386 and plan to have 20 users (no X, no Simultask).
The problem of adding more RAM is the cost of the RAM expansion board.
You wouldn't happen to know where I could find one for (much) less than
the $2500 that AT&T is reputed to want?

Pete

--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math