lp gotcha with accept

Kris A. Kugel kak at hico2.UUCP
Tue Aug 14 01:37:31 AEST 1990

Not documented anywhere that I found, but I found necessary:

when running "/usr/lib/accept" on the unixpc, you MUST be su'd
to user lp.  Ordinary su is evidently not sufficient.  I would
recommend writting this on the manual page for accept.
accept doesn't give any error message when not run as lp,
but nothing happens.
This took me a couple of late hours to find.

I have no idea what the official behavior is supposed to be.

                               Kris A. Kugel
                              (201) 842-2707
       {uunet,att,rutgers}!westmark!hico2!kak  <--well-connected
		    {tsdiag,ka2qhd}!hico2!kak  <--frequent
{ssbn,zorch,zinn,ditka,daver,attdso}!hico2!kak <--semi-daily