3B2/300 and SCSI (repost)

Gregory Gulik greg at gagme.chi.il.us
Thu Aug 23 22:10:41 AEST 1990

I'm reposting this to this group, since the first seems to have gotten
lost somewhere down the line.

I posted an article a few days ago asking in u3b.misc if anyone had a
SCSI card for sale for a 3B2/300.

Well, I didn't get any replies, so I have a few questions.

1) Is there even such a thing as a SCSI for 3B2?  I thought I've heard
   of SCSI's being used on the lower end models.

2) How much does one of those cards go for retail?

3) Where do I get one retail?

4) Where do I get one discounted?

5) Will I experience a performance improvement?  I can't imagine why I
   wouldn't since the CDC in my 3B2 is just about the slowest hard drive
   around.

6) Can the SCSI be used for paging?

Anything else I should know about SCSI's and 3B2's???

-greg