cc / cpp problem on 3B2 600G ( 3.2.2 ) -- too many defines

Jim Apple apple at nprdc.navy.mil
Tue Aug 7 08:29:50 AEST 1990

	I have run into a problem with cpp on a 600G ( 3.2.2 )
	"too many defines".   I created some test files and it appears
	that there is a hard limit on the number of defines.  The size of
	both the name and value affect the number of defines that I can
	get.  Simple names and a value of 1 gives me around 1980 defines
	if I change the value to a string I'm down to 1200.

	We are using a windowing package that has 1100 defines in it,
	so we don't have much room left over.

	Is their a way to change this limit ?

	Any help would be great.

	Jim Apple 			apple at nprdc.navy.mil