Where is the wd2010 SOLUTION?

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Dec 30 12:50:52 AEST 1990

wouk at alumni.colorado.edu (Arthur Wouk) in <1990Dec29.180226.26205 at csn.org>
writes:

	i received the first message announcing the solution to the wd2010
	problem, but did not receive the followup message with the solution.
	can someone e-mail me a copy.

	note: we receive both unix-pc.general and comp.sys.att here. it didn't
	make it in either newsgroup.

My first post on Dec.16 didn't exit PORTAL, so I reposted the WD2010 "fix"
late on Dec.17.

During the past week I've been managing to "almost" catch up with email, and
a quick scan of the 200+ remaining emails' "subject" lines indicates at least
10 other sites didn't receive the WD2010 posting.

Some investigation (on my part) indicates that MANY sites have been shut down
during this holiday season for things like power repairs, network upgrades,
etc. and that could be the reason for posting irregularities.  Just today at
2 sites here in Silicon Valley postings are arriving dated early December, and
one from Dec. 15 in the newsgroups I've checked.

I would like to email copies of the WD2010 fix, but it's 18K bytes and each
email (due to PORTAL's interface) requires me to individually re-upload and
send; I'd prefer just to repost.

Any objections to my so doing?  If not, I'll do it Monday at which time most
of the "down" sites (in this area) should be back up and distribution should
be almost normal.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]