comp.sys.3b1.*?

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Mon Dec 3 18:29:09 AEST 1990

In <1990Nov29.164822.20601 at hayes.ims.alaska.edu> floyd at hayes.ims.alaska.edu
	(Floyd Davidson) writes:

> In article <36335 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:

> >	comp.sys.unixpc, and
> >	comp.sources.unixpc

> I would vote no on that, but yes to almost anything else.  I'll
> vote no on *any* name with 'pc' in it.

Me too.  My present inclination is toward merging unix-pc.* into comp.sys.3b1
and creating an unmoderated comp.sources.3b1.  I can't see that the "3b1" name
is really much of a problem, 'cause those of us presently taking part in this
discussion know what they are, and those folks who don't who stumble on the
newsgroups won't know what they are - which suits me just fine!  As long as
the groups are announced appropriately in the news lists, so that people who
have just acquired UNIX-PCs or who want to hook up with the newsgroups can
find them by grepping for '7300', '3[Bb]1' or UNIXPC', it would all seem to
come out in the wash.  :-)

    Gary S. Trujillo                            gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts              {wjh12,bu.edu,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst