Printing through UUCP

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Sun Dec 16 01:47:33 AEST 1990

In <18809 at netcom.UUCP> cmilono at netcom.UUCP (Carlo Milono) writes:

>I have implemented this using UUX commands; below is a sample command
>which can be included in a standard lp/interfaces script, as appropriate.

>uux "remote!lp !myfile1"  [this would print myfile on a printer on remote]

You must also "authorize" the 'lp' command to be executed via uux.  This
involves the /usr/lib/uucp/L.cmds or /usr/lib/uucp/Permissions files
(which depends on which version of UUCP you are running.
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Tim Evans	2201 Brookhaven Ct, Fallston, MD 21047