Printing through UUCP

Carlo Milono cmilono at netcom.UUCP
Sat Dec 15 12:38:53 AEST 1990

I have implemented this using UUX commands; below is a sample command
which can be included in a standard lp/interfaces script, as appropriate.

uux "remote!lp !myfile1"  [this would print myfile on a printer on remote]

Of course, you could use any/all flags to the standard lp command such as
the '-d' option; as shown above, the local file would print on the remote
machine's DEFAULT printer (assuming a default has been chosen!).  You
could also specify options with the '-o', etc.

BTW, the double quotes appear to be necessary...