The year 2000 approaches (was Re: Mondo Combo Card *opinions* [was: Re: SCSI for 3b1: myth or)

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Thu Dec 6 11:22:33 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec4.180218.3342 at sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM> bruce at sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM (Bruce Lilly) writes:
|In article <36499 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
|>
|>Already, in 1990, I'm seeing UNIX systems whose "date" program permits the
|>specification of a 4-digit year; this will be ALL that's required to re-invent
|>for the 3B1 sometime during the next 10 years.  If you'll note (by typing date)
|>,
|>the present ctime() already produces a 4-digit year, so there's no problem
|>there.
|
|FYI, I just tried putting in a "00" year in a date command --
|it's interpreted as 1970.  date(1) obviously needs to be
|rewritten. I'll start work on it right away.

You've only got nine years to get it written, tested and distributed.

Of course, that's probably just enough if you want to Milspec it.

:-)

--
Robert J. Granvin \\\\\\\\                         rjg at sialis.mn.org : INTERNET
University of Minnesota \\\              ...uunet!rosevax!sialis!rjg : UUCP