3B1/UNIXPC problems with WD2010 disk chip *SOLVED*

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Thu Dec 27 06:37:49 AEST 1990

In article <37154 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Glad to hear my use of "CDraw 2.0" was a neat idea!  One comment: it, like the
>"Tetrix"-clone, leave the 3B1 console keyboard in a "weird" state regarding
>the use of ESCape key ... this only affects those who use ksh in emacs mode

I have also had this problem (well, I would assume that *all* of us have had
this problem) and since I could not easily figure out how to solve it I
figured out an easy way around it.  Whenever I want to run tetrix or cdraw
or any other program that exhibits this behaviour, I use "windy -b" so that
the program is running in its own window, unrelated to my main window.  This
also has the advantage of being able to switch back to the other window and
do things.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US    Work: dhb at quahog.ssd.ray.com