Help on joining the network

John C Slimick slimick at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Wed Dec 5 12:06:51 AEST 1990

We are about to become part of the real networking world.
We now have access to the internal network here at Pitt and
I need some help in configuring WIN/3B on the 3b2.

Currently five PC AT's and the 3b2 sit on a lan in one room.
The current configuration for the 3b2 is:

		NOT a nameserver
		NOT a resolver
		is on network 136 (the internet address will be
					136.142.193.10)
		will handle ftp, telnet, mail, finger, and ping
		had ROUTE daemon activated

I now know the network addresses of (for me) the primary and secondary
nameservers on the Pitt network, as well as the internet address
of the gateway.

Could someone provide some guidance on how I want to reconfigure the 3b2?

(By agreement with the owners of the nameservers, we will stay out of the
nameserver business)

The WIN/3B is 3.0.1 (the safer one).

Thanks
john slimick