Do I want this 7300?

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Sat Dec 15 04:46:21 AEST 1990

slimick at unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C Slimick) writes:

>Recently I was offered a 7300 that was in working
>condition in all but its hard drive. I assume that
>it is is of the smaller memory size, since the
>hard drive is 20M. Is it worth the price of
>a hard drive? If so, where can I get a decent
>20 M hard drive for it?

	A few years ago we suffered a power glitch in my old office
sufficient to fry at least one memory board, a power supply or two, and the
20 MB hard disk in an early PC7300. We discovered, to our chagrin, that
even getting into the 7300, much less replacing our drive, was a major
adventure. As I recall, we verified that the disk had gone south, could not
find a substitute, and the remains of the old Safari ended up in a corner
somewhere.

	Thus, to answer your question, you'd be advised to find a working
version of the 7300, preferably with a 40 MB hard drive.