Do I want this 7300?

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Tue Dec 18 17:19:34 AEST 1990

slimick at unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C Slimick) in <70443 at unix.cis.pitt.edu> writes:

	Recently I was offered a 7300 that was in working condition in all but
	its hard drive. I assume that it is is of the smaller memory size,
	since the hard drive is 20M. Is it worth the price of a hard drive? If
	so, where can I get a decent 20 M hard drive for it?

Nearly any HD conforming to "ST-506, MFM, 17 sectors/track" will work in the
machine.  I'd advise you to consider a larger HD, though.  For example, even
though I don't like Seagate, you can get a brand-new ST-251 (40MB) HD for about
$250 in quantity one, over-the-counter.

The 20MB HDs are so s-l-o-w you'd think you were using an IBM PC or a Mac; get
smart and upgrade!

Thad

P.S. Are you the same "John Slimick" that was at Tymshare circa 1971-72?  If
so, please send email.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]