Attempt at choking the dead horse (comp.sys.att.3b1)

Mark H. Weber markw at gvlf1-c.gvl.unisys.com
Tue Dec 4 07:57:42 AEST 1990

In article <75918 at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (jeffrey templon) writes:

>OK, I am willing to try and write a charter for the new newsgroup and post
>it to news.groups, if someone else will volunteer to take votes...
>
>1) name: comp.sys.att.3b1, comp.sources.att.3b1

I'm willing to run the vote, but I'd prefer to run a vote for the rest of
the new groups at the same time. I would be willing to write the charters
for all the groups. If some well-connected person will volunteer to moderate
the comp.sources.att.3b1 group I will run a vote for that, also. In order
to save time and trouble, a single vote could be used to create all of the
new groups at the same time:

    comp.sys.att.3b1        3b1's, UNIX-PC's, 7300's, and related CT machines
    comp.sys.att.3b2        3b2's and related machines (3b5, 3b15, 3b20..)
    comp.sys.att.63xx       6300, 6300 PLUS, 6310, 6386
    comp.sys.att.misc       Miscellaneous discussions about AT&T machines
    comp.sources.att.3b1    Sources for 3b1's (moderated)

A simple "yes" vote would be interpreted as a "yes" for all five groups. A
simple "no" vote would be interpreted as a "no" vote for all five groups.
Mixed votes would also be allowed, I'll process them by hand.  Each group
would have pass the guideline criteria (YES - NO > 100, YES:NO > 2:1) in
order to be created.

Unless someone has a strenuous objection, I'll formulate a Call for
Votes and send it off to the moderator of news.announce.newgroups.
Hopefully, voting can begin as quickly as the guidelines allow. If you feel
my proposal needs some modification, please send me email, as I think that
we've used up enough bandwidth in discussing this. If you would like to
moderate the comp.sources.att.3b1 group, send me email.

--
  Mark H. Weber                   | Internet: markw at GVL.Unisys.COM
  Unisys - Great Valley Labs      |     UUCP: ...!uunet!cbmvax!gvlv2!markw