Having Problems with WIN/TCP Functions

Diane M. Moss moss at anagld.analytics.com
Thu Dec 20 05:28:52 AEST 1990

I was wondering if there is anyone "out there" that may
have done any programming using the WIN/TCP TLI functions.
Specifically, the functions contained in the Sockets Compatibility
Library.

I have been having a lot of trouble establishing a connection
if I specify both the client address/port and the server
address/port.  Is there any reason why I cannot specify the
specific port on both sides of the connection?  We do a
socket() and a bind() on both client and server, and then
a listen() and accept() on the server while the client does
a connect().  We have set a timer on the server of five
minutes and it goes into the listen() according to "netstat".
The client goes into the connect() and hangs until the timer
on the server side goes off at which point it returns with
a bad file descriptor (-1) due to the server error.  Without that
timer, the client side just hangs forever.  Anyone with any
information or ideas, please let me have 'em.  I am getting kind
of desperate for something to try.

I have spoken with AT&T and they sent me a toy which fails in
exactly the same way as our code so that didn't help.

Please reply to:  uunet!anagld!moss
  OR              moss at analytics.com

Thanks.  Diane.