modem control (was: Abandoned shell)

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Tue Dec 18 17:09:13 AEST 1990

rdc30med at nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil (LCDR Michael E. Dobson)
in <1990Dec17.161947.9000 at nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil> writes:

	They still don't do it properly, at least on my 3B2/600G (aka 1000/80)
	running SysVr3.2.2.  In order to dial out with cu or uucp, I have to
	force DCD high which effectively means I can't do full modem control
	on bi-directional lines.  It seems uugetty is still broken :-(

The SVR3 HDB does work correctly, but the "stock" SVR3.2 documentation does
NOT tell you how to do it (the SVR3.2/386 manuals DO, however).  The info can
also be found in the "stock" SVR3.2 "Utilities Release Notes."

I had this problem about a year ago and really created a stink about it here on
the net (remember my: "...even put Mother Theresa on a killing rampage..."? :-)

If you're unable to find the previous info archived, repost your query and I'll
repost all the info again.  It seems the HDB bi-directional setup instructions
SHOULD be reposted monthly in light of all the questions about it (due to poor
and inadequate docs) arising here and in other newsgroups.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]