Printing through UUCP

Bob Daniel rad at genco.bungi.com
Tue Dec 18 09:40:44 AEST 1990

In article <11702 at ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> hallt at handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (Tim C. Hall) writes:

>Got a question:
>    We have two AT&T 3B2 hosts running UUCP.  One has a printer attached,
>and we wish to allow the other host to send print jobs remotely via UUCP.
>How is this best achieved?  Any comments, or, better yet, experiences
>with accomplishing the above feat would be highly appreciated.  Please

There is a remote interface included with 3B1's that shows how it can be done.
The concept is simple.  Just make an interface that redirects the output to
a  file and then uucp the file to the destination.  Then, do a uux on the
remote machine (the calling machine will have to have permission to run
lp remotely which is setup in /usr/lib/uucp/Permissions) to lp the file that
was uucp'd.