lint on unix-pc / 3b1

Tom Tkacik tkacik at rphroy.uucp
Fri Dec 7 09:41:43 AEST 1990

In article <4632 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, alex at BlackKiss.acslab.umbc.edu (Alex S. Crain) writes:
|> I gave up on lint and started using
|>
|> 	gcc -ansi -pedantic -Wall
|>
|> instead. If you're looking for portability between machines and
|> have an ansi compiler available (gcc, saber C, etc), it works real good.

Unfortunately, the include files on the 3b1 are NOT ansi compatible.
I tried this, and gcc spits out gobs of error messages.

Have you updated all of the standard include files on your 3b1?
Are there any problems using the stock cc if you do?

--
Tom Tkacik				...uunet!edsews!rphroy!tkacik
GM Research Labs			tkacik at kyzyl.mi.org
"I'm president of the United States, and I'm not going to eat anymore broccoli."
						--- George Bush