3b1 motherboard question

Rahmat O. Hashemi hashemi at leadsv.UUCP
Wed Dec 5 08:40:23 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec3.045132.399 at texrex.uucp> rmfowler at texrex.uucp (Rex Fowler) writes:
>On my 2 Meg motherboard at location C38, there is a capacitor whose
>legs are touching.  Can somebody tell me if they have the same situation.
>The capacitor is right next to the 1st row of 256K memory chips(location A2).

This could indeed be the cause of your problems.

The capacitor is between the power/ground pins, so if the legs are
intermittently touching each other, they are causing a power-to-grouns short.

Hope that you did seperate the legs, and hope that helped you :-) .