oh geez, is it .att.3b1 or .3b1

jeffrey templon templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu
Fri Dec 7 09:14:39 AEST 1990

In article <58454 at becker.UUCP> bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) writes:

>	You forgot "unix-pc.general" and
>	"unix-pc.sources".

	So I did.  We are trying to come to a consensus on the name of a new
group to create in the mainstream heirarchy.  unix-pc.general does not fit
this category.  I didn't forget, just doesn't apply.

>	I think in your rush you don't recall
>	that there are a lot of us who have a
>	bad feeling about all of this...

	How long have we been discussing this?  What makes you think I am in
a rush?  Here at iuvax, I have seen about four postings a day saying 'come
on, dammit, let's vote!'  I took the action I did because I saw lots of
people clamoring for 'someone' to get the thing moving, and no-one else
seemed to be coming forward.

	I only recall seeing a few (some number between 3 and 5 at best
guess) people post articles who were seriously opposed to going mainstream,
discounting those that were based on mistaken information (such as 'it's
impossible to just get one group, now I'll have to take the whole comp
hierarchy just to get the 3b1 stuff!!)  I haven't forgotten, Bruce.  This
movement's PURPOSE is to go mainstream.  I don't think anyone expected
that there would be 100% agreement that this was a good thing to do.  You
expect us to just give up because of a minority bad feeling?

						jeff