3B2 SCSI Software Question

Robb Thomas Robb.Thomas at f1.n684.z89.onebdos.UUCP
Thu Dec 6 20:10:08 AEST 1990

I have a 3B2/400 computer running Unix System V 3.2, with a SCSI card...

I have noticed the following disks:
SCSI Host Adaptor Utilities   - Seems A-OK
SCSI Cartridge Tape Utilities - Totally gone, it's TOAST..

    I am right now thinking about re-partitioning my
drives, and backing up to SCSI TAPE for doing the
restore...  If I do this, will the 3B2/400 be able to
access my SCSI 60 Meg Cartridge tape unit?

    I think the answer is no, and that if I attempt this, I
can kiss my SCSI tape drive goodbye forever!  Which would
not make my day..

    Also, one of my manuals mentions another disk called
AT&T 3B2 SCSI Disk Controller Utilities is needed in order
to make a SCSI hard disk work on this machine...  The
book's olde and is probably for UNIX Rel 3.0..  Does this
apply to Release 3.2???

   Talking with AT&T, they tell me I need Network Support
Utilities to make the SCSI card work??  I am asking for a
second opinion on this on???  It seems rather 'strange' to
require a NETWORKING disk to make SCSI function??

   I am also DESPERATE for a StarLan (1Megabit) MS-DOS
Client Diskette...  That's all I need to FINALLY make
starlan work here...!!

Any help would be greatly be appreciated...

Cheers.......

Charlie, I'll bang off a message to you ASAP..  Been real
busy as of late, not time to read much mail!
van-bc!oneb!hakatac!rthomas      is the needed path..

--- FD 1.99c
 * Origin: Sir HackAlot's Castle, Port Alberni, B.C. (89:684/1) (89:684/1)
--
        Robb Thomas - via IMEx node 89:681/1
        Robb.Thomas at f1.n684.z89.onebdos.UUCP