<None>

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Tue Dec 25 00:17:49 AEST 1990

We run all our modem ports with the modems locked at either
19,200 or 38400 (depending on the modems, the HST dual standards
are locked at 38400 while the Telebits and Hayes V-Series are locked
at 19200).  All modems are using only hardware flow control.

The HSTs yield around 1920 cps sending compressed and/or zipped files
(and 2950 cps sending text) to another modem of the same type which
is quite good.  The PEP's get 1420 cps locally sending compressed
news.

We are using the Computone Intelliport with 3.14 firmware and 4.28
drivers.  The drivers are quite old and work fine in our installation -
but don't support VP/IX or outbound SLIP (we don't need any of those)..

  {larry at nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)