extending carrier wait timeout in HDB?

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Wed Dec 12 19:30:30 AEST 1990

Does anyone know of some way of extending the timeout for the remote
carrier in the UNIXpc version of HoneyDanBer UUCP?  I'm calling a
system that has a Telebit T2500 with v.42 which presents its PEP
tones at the end of its sequence.  My T2500 almost always times out
just a second or two before the PEP tones would have been presented,
which has forced me to fall back to a v.32 connection, which I find
to be only about 1/3 the speed on average (~500 baud for v.32, vs.
~1400 baud for a PEP connection).

Any ideas??

    Gary S. Trujillo                            gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts              {wjh12,bu.edu,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst