extending carrier wait timeout in HDB?

Bill Mayhew wtm at uhura.neoucom.EDU
Thu Dec 13 23:28:15 AEST 1990

I use the \d token in the Systems file expect-send chat string.
Make the first expect "", then send 22 \d as the first send.  Do the
rest of the chat handshaking as usual for logging in.  Our modem
lines are just pulse dial because we are cheapskates, and 44
seconds seems to be plenty of time to pulse dial a long distance
number, wait for the connect, then sit through the delay while the
other modem monkeys around with v.22 and v.32 before getting to
sending the PEP preamble.

One could also delay in the Dialers file chat, but I like having a
basic Dialer, then adjusting the wait time on a System by System
basis.

==Bill==
--
Bill Mayhew      NEOUCOM Computer Services Department
Rootstown, OH  44272-9995  USA    phone: 216-325-2511