Info on AT&T 3B2-300 needed

crmeyer at nobbs.physics.ucsb.edu crmeyer at nobbs.physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Dec 14 18:09:40 AEST 1990

I am considering the purchase of a true Unix box for tinkering at home. I
have found someone with a AT&T 3B2-300 for sale with 1MB of RAM, 2 40mb
hard drives (1 internal, 1 external) and a XM (?) tape drive. It is
supposidy running Sys V ver 2.4 (or could be 2.04). The seller claims
that going to a newer revision would require a memory upgrade. The
seller does not believe the delevopment tools are with the system, but
has lots of other office packages. Is it possible to get the development
software for a system like this at a reasonable price? Any reccommendations
on sources? What would be needed to upgrade the system? For $200, it seems like
a lot of stuff.

							Thanks!

                      |         Charles R. Meyer          |
                      | Internet: crmeyer at voodoo.ucsb.edu |
                      | Bitnet:   crmeyer at voodoo          |
                      | HEPnet:   voodoo::crmeyer         |