The programs that AT&T won't release (was: NO on comp.sys.att.3b

Ed Hopper ehopper at ehpcb.WLK.COM
Sun Dec 9 02:13:54 AEST 1990

In article <459 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) writes:

> >2. AT&T does not support the 3b1.  AT&T does not even release
> >   some nice software packages that already exist and were written
> >   for the 3b1.  (there exists, for example, a troff package with
> >   a 3b1 screen previewer that will even work with 8-pin or 24-pin
> >   printers).  Although hardware upgrades and other such exist,
> >   they are entirely supplied by small-time independent organizations.

I'm curious here, has anyone REALLY asked that these things be released.
I don't mean asking some clerk at the hotline.  I mean an organized letter
writing campaign to Bob Kavner (President of Data Systems Group).

In my time with AT&T I have found that a lot of these "sore subjects" can
be resolved if one knows how to go about it EFFECTIVELY.  Few people do.

Ed Hopper