P5.1 and vidpal kits shipped, finally!

Brian D. Botton botton at i88.isc.com
Sun Jan 14 15:59:55 AEST 1990

Hello Fellow Kit Builders,

  I know, my shipping department is lousy.  If I was a REAL business,
I'de be sleeping on the streets.  As many?, some?, one?, of you may
already know, I shipped out all orders I had for the P5.1 kits and
partial vidpal kits last Tuesday and Wedensday, so you should be getting
them "real soon now."  Sorry about the shipping delays.
  After the dust settled, I realized I didn't do a good job explaining
how to format a drive having > 8 heads.  I may have been a little too
simplistic, it was late and I wanted to go to bed, so I'm sorry if I offended
anyone.  When the extended diagnostics disk boots up, get into expert mode
by typing s4test.  This next part is from memory, but goes someting like this.
When the new menu comes up, select the option for fromatting the hard disk.
It should give you a list of drives it knows about, along with an "other"
selection.  Select other and you will be quized about the characteristics
of your drive.  That's all there is to it, just sit back and dream of
infinite, almost ;-), disk space.

  As a reminder, I have the following kits:

	Vidpal		$10
	P5.1		$6
	Extended Diagnostic Disk
			$1 with any of the above kits, $2 if ordered alone.

  The vidpal kit lets you access the video ram directly from a user level
program, good for writing your own window manager.  The P5.1 kit allows you
to use hard disks with > 8 heads.  The extended diagnostic disk lets you
format the hard disk correctly.  If you want to use a disk with > 1024
cylinders you need a WD2010 and the extended diagnostics disk.  No, I'm
not providing the WD2010's, get them from Solid State Sales, at
(617)547-7053.
  As a second reminder, ICUS Software, aka Lenny and Gil, have a kit that
allows you to access two hard drives.  Their kit also allows > 8 heads to
be accessed.  As far as I know, the P5.1 upgrade and their kit are not
incompatible.  E-mail them for details.

  As always, any feedback on either of the kits is welcome.  Happy soldering.

--
   _][_n_n___i_i ________  *******		Brian D. Botton