Internal 2400 baud modem for the unix pc

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Thu Jan 4 09:05:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan1.173553.11869 at ntvax.uucp> canoaf at ntvax.uucp (Augustine Cano) writes:
> Some months ago, someone reported on some preliminary research about replacing
> the 1200 internal modem chip on the unix pc with a compatible 2400 baud chip.
> Further investigation was needed, but nothing else was ever heard...

Hmmm.  I thought the answer to this question was placed into the periodically-
posted "Answers to Commonly-Asked Questions," but I can't seem to find it in
my archived copy of the last one I snatched back in March.

Anyway, John B. Milton dealt with the question in one of the articles in his
"HwNote" series:

| From: jbm at uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton)
| Newsgroups: comp.sys.att,unix-pc.general
| Subject: Re: Can the 7300's modem go 2400 Baud?; HwNote11
| Date: 14 Jan 89 08:30:04 GMT
|
| ...Here we go again...

  [a bunch of 2400 symbols from hardware.h & modem.h deleted]

Gary S. Trujillo			      gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts		      {wjh12,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst