PC 6300 DIP SWITCHES

~XT6561110~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~ fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Tue Jan 9 11:34:51 AEST 1990

  >  (Note: The manual doesn't say, and I don't have a machine with
  > 	the shrouds removed at the moment, so I can't tell you which
  > 	ram bank is 0 or 1; using the switch settings and common
  > 	sense, it is not too difficult to figure out...)
  > 	I just looked at my notes -- the first two rows are bank 0
  > 	(possibly soldered), the second two rows are bank 1.

RAM bank 0 is soldered in on most 6300's (if not all ?) and
bank 1 is socketed....

Also, I don't know if you mentioned in your previous post that
dip switch bank 0 is at 7T on the bottom of the motherboard and dip
switch bank 1 is at 7W.

FYI, I had the cover off so that I could try a VDC 600
(Paradise VGA Plus card).  It worked with the motherboard
video disabled (jumper at W1 on the video card over the lower
two pins) and dip switches 5 and 6 set to "on" on switch 1.
Gotta have ROM BIOS version 1.43 too.....And of course AT&T
doesn't support it (but it should work for you too).

Hope this helps you out,

--
Frank McGee, AT&T
Entry Level Systems Support