How does the death star "working" logo on the UNIXPC work?

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Tue Jan 9 07:03:44 AEST 1990

In article <597 at limbic.UUCP> gil at limbic.UUCP (Gil Kloepfer Jr.) writes:

>If they had to deal with kernel sleeps to handle the icon, there would be
>real kludgy things going on inside the kernel in order to implement this.
>If you remove the window driver, there is no such thing as a "working"
>icon...  I'm 99.9% sure that the code that drives the icon is in the
>window driver.

	Me too, but it could still be the sleep routine. Its pretty easy
to replace existing kernal routines in loadable drivers, so its quite
possible that the window driver loads a new sleep routine when it gets loaded.

	Of course, I haven't looked at it either.

--
#Disclamer: Anyone who agrees   #    University of Maryland Baltimore County
#with me deserves what they get.#	alex at umbc3.umbc.edu