How does the death star "working" logo on the UNIXPC work?

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Mon Jan 1 19:53:30 AEST 1990

In article <219 at venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> baur at venice.sedd.trw.com (Steven L. Baur) writes:
>I am curious to know what system calls, etc.  are used to implement the
>AT&T death star "working ..." logo that appears on the UNIXPC.
>What program produces it, etc.
>steve	baur at venice.SEDD.TRW.COM

The death-star "Working" icon is produced by the window driver, and is
on the screen whenever the "current" window (ie. the window attached to the
keyboard) is not blocking for input.

>A computer which cannot run GNU emacs is not worth using.

Make GNU emacs as small as (or smaller than) vi with equivalent (or better)
functionality and I'll agree with you.

-----