HELP! Disk Problems on my 3B1

Cris J. Rhea cjr at ssi.UUCP
Tue Jul 24 05:50:39 AEST 1990

 Help!  My 3B1 has developed a nasty habit recently-  After booting and
 being up ofr several hours, the machine seems to not be able to find
 anything on the disk.  I can hear the disk recal several times (it will
 either find what it is looking for or respond with "Killed").

 Seems to me that this is a thermal problem, but I wanted to see if
 anyone on the net had any great ideas-  I am using a 2010, but the 1010
 shows the same symptoms.  I had the machine running while the cover was
 off and it ran for several days with no problems.  I have re-seated all power
 connections and even switched power supplies.

 When the machine is "cool", I can "find / -print" without so much as a
 hickup, but when the machine "warms up", it complains with almost
 every command.

 Anyone have any great ideas?  (If I try to run with the cover off, everything
 works fine :(- makes it hard to find out if this is truely a thermal problem
 or what.....

 Cris

 ...uunet!ssi!cjr