UUCP and the Phone manager problems

Donald Lashomb donlash at uncle.uucp
Tue Jul 24 21:51:31 AEST 1990

In article <SAV4VOE at xds7.ferranti.com> harter at ficc.ferranti.com (ron harter) writes:
[...]
>I am once again requesting help. I have installed HDB's UUCP package on the
>pc7300/3b1 machine. The problem is that the phone manager is preventing
>UUCP from accessing the phone line. Is there a patch out there somewhere that
>will fix this or did I configure something incorrectly?
[...]

Are you using a single telephone line setup (ph0 for everything)?
If so, you must manually switch the line from VOICE to DATA mode
in order for uucp to access the line (use the phtoggle command).

I too have HDB on my 7300.  I've had a few minor glitches, but
nothing that detracts from its usfulness.

hope it helps,
-Don