Clock Chips

Eric Smith esmith at apple.com
Sat Jul 21 11:55:04 AEST 1990

In article <7778 at pbhyf.PacBell.COM> gtb at PacBell.COM (Gary T. Butler)
writes:
> I am looking for a supplier of the clock chip that is used in the 6300+.
> This chip may me a proprietary chip made for AT&T only but the number is:
>
>         MM58274N
>         +8532 is on the top of the chip
>
> I have been told a replacement chip is 47174C made by National
Semiconductor.

> No one has been able to give me a clear answer. So if anyone knows where
> to get this chip or a replacement chip and supplier I would be very
> gratefull.

The chip is made by National Semiconductor.  The correct part number is
MM58274N.  8532 is the date code and is unimportant.  As far as I can tell,
47174C is not a valid National Semi part number.  Where did you get it?
I don't think there are any second sources for this part.

Anyhow, you can probably get the 58274 from Fry's Electronics or a National
Semi distributor, although the latter might have a $100 minimum order.

The 58321 that Thad mentioned and the 5832 that it is based on were
designed
by OKI and are completely different.

----
Eric Smith    esmith at apple.com
Opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my
employer, family, friends, computer, or even me!  :-)