"memo" & "email" in crontab?

Steven L. Baur baur at venice.SEDD.TRW.COM
Sat Jul 14 19:56:20 AEST 1990

>From article <252 at ramecs.UUCP>, by car at ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende):
> I have neither "memo" nor "email" in /usr/bin.

> I assume that these are for some software package which I don't have.

That is indeed the case.

> Can anyone shed some light on these two lines?

/usr/bin/email is the program run when incoming mail is detected by smgr,
and you mouse click on the envelope icon.  I don't know what AT&T's email
is supposed to do entirely, but I hacked up an email program to run elm
in a window under the currently logged in user.  It's worked great for me.

memo I've never heard of either.

During installation of various software packages, certain system files
can be modified.  When I installed HoneyDanBer UUCP this week (thanks Lenny)
my crontab was modified to include the changed UUCP administrative
shell scripts.  What have you installed recently?

--
steve	baur at venice.SEDD.TRW.COM