TCP/IP with 3B2-400

SHANLEY at MAINE.BITNET SHANLEY at MAINE.BITNET
Thu Jul 19 06:45:01 AEST 1990

Equipment:  AT&T 3B2-400
            Unix V 3.1
            Wollongong TCP/IP WIN*/3B Interface Rel 3.0.1

Problem:    Can telnet out of the machine but can't telnet in.
            ie.  telnet me and telnet umofm.umeofm.maine.edu
                 and telnet 127.0.01.1
                 doesn't work.

            ftp and ping are fine and telnet out of umofm is fine.

My senerio:  It seems that the telnetd daemon/server is not getting
             started.  I have played with the nlsadmin command with
             the following results:

             nlsadmin -x          tcp INACTIVE
             nlsadmin -i          net_spec already initialized
             nlsadmin -s tcp      addresses not initialized for tcp

 When the network software is started I get the following message:
  nlsadmin:  Addresses not initialized for tcpip

Any help is appreciated!

Kevin Shanley
System Administrator
Office of Facilities Management