Compiling less97 on 6386

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Thu Jul 26 16:12:43 AEST 1990

In article <Jul.25.21.21.56.1990.2833 at pilot.njin.net> holsberg at pilot.njin.net (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>Has anyone successfully compiled less V17 (or later) on a 6386 running
>AT&T SV R3.2.2 using the new Standard (i.e., ANSI) C compiler?  I get
>an error message because (I believe) that the struct "winsize" is not
>defined.  Can anyone send me a copy of that struct definition?

It has nothing to do with the ANSI compiler -- I have had to mod this
on every version of 'less' so far under AT&T 3.2.1.

Make sure screen.c starts out like this:

/*
 * Routines which deal with the characteristics of the terminal.
 * Uses termcap to be as terminal-independent as possible.
 *
 * {{ Someday this should be rewritten to use curses. }}
 */

#include "less.h"
#if XENIX
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#endif

#if TERMIO
#include <termio.h>
#else
#include <sgtty.h>
#endif

#ifdef TIOCGWINSZ
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stream.h>
#include <sys/ptem.h>
#else
/*
 * For the Unix PC (ATT 7300 & 3B1):
 * Since WIOCGETD is defined in sys/window.h, we can't use that to decide
 * whether to include sys/window.h.  Use SIGPHONE from sys/signal.h instead.
 */
#include <sys/signal.h>
#ifdef SIGPHONE
#include <sys/window.h>