EPORTS & TB+

Eric J. Nihill eric at sactoh0.UUCP
Sun Jul 29 19:48:25 AEST 1990

I would like to thank all those who took the time to respond
to my question regarding hardware flow control from a EPORTS
board to a TB+. (System=AT&T3B2/310 SVR3.2.2)

The general concensus seems to be that it can't be done. There
have been several people who noted that there are bugs in the
drivers. I currently have version 1.2 and was told that 1.3
may work better. ( Now to try to find a copy! )

One of the troubles seems to be that in release 1.2 of the
EPORTS driver, AT&T supplies a new getty for HFC. However,
there is no uugetty inclosed. Hopefully it is in 1.3. Also
is the hope that there is a HFC variable that can be set in
the gettydefs line to set hfc.

Several people suggested hacks that could be made to the
source code, but I neither have source nor am a programmer.

Oh well, I'll just go back and sit on the bench. :-)
Again, thank-you for your time and information.

				Eric

(P.S. Want'a buy a 300 w/ XM package? )
--
     Some do, some don't.           |            eric at sactoh0
    Some will, some won't.          |      ames!pacbell!sactoh0!eric