Anyone for SLIP

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Mon Jul 16 10:33:51 AEST 1990

In article <6450 at helios.TAMU.EDU> billg at cs.tamu.edu (William Gunshannon) writes:
>Speaking of SLIP, does anyone know if the printer port on the
>3b1 is bi-directional??  Would make for a faster connection
>between machines!!!

The printer port is uni-directional (grumble)

(GRUMBLE) I recently saw a parallel port based SCSI interface which
is meant for Amiga systems but (GRUMBLE) would work if the 7300
parallel port were bi-directional.

BTW, I am very interested in porting SLIP to 3b1's (and a few
other related jobs in making a reasonable TCP/IP) ... BUT I simply
don't have the time.

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF weenie, <david at twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david at ms.uky.edu>