getting 3b2's to reboot after a power failure

Mitch Patenaude g-patena at steer.calstate.edu
Sat Jul 7 08:32:31 AEST 1990

   I administrate a 3b2/400 running SysV R3.1.  Because of contruction
going on around the campus this summer we have occasional (unexpeted)
power failures.  As inconvienent as that is, it is far more inconvient
for me to haul myself into campus at for three+ hours just to hit the
power-on switch. (I'm also a student as well as a Sys Admin).. and watch
it boot and fsck the partitions very nicely by itself.   Is there
a kernel hack or firware setting or DIP switch that will cause the
system to boot itself and clean up after itself (or at least try) on
power recovery?

  Thanks for any help,

  -- Mitch Patenaude
     Humboldt State University, 3b2/400 Sys. Admin. and Tech. support
     g-patena at steer.calstate.edu       Gandalf at calstate.BITNET