630 with te3279 broken?

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Fri Jul 6 00:55:36 AEST 1990

I am trying to use an AT&T 630 terminal with AT&T 3270 Emulator+.
Unfortunately, the emulator SOMETIMES sends 80 characters plus a newline.
The 630 generates a newline after receiving the 80th character, and then
does another newline when it receives the transmitted one.

I cannot just set the 630 to use an 81 column window, because sometimes
the emulator seems to just transmit 160 characters when it wants to fill
2 lines.

How can I make the 630 ignore a newline if received immediately after it
generated one?  (Some other terminals seem to do this -- notably the 620.)
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."