Anyone for SLIP

Undergrad Projects Lab upl at gumby.cs.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 10 01:54:48 AEST 1990

In article <31561 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>XAndy Poling just posted a notice regarding the availability of his ports of
>Xvarious BSD networking software.  Great!  I, too, have been working on some
>Xports since my posting of my dissatisfaction of some of the programs which
>Xaccompanied the WIN/3B packages I purchased earlier this year; to date I have
>Xftp, ftpd, finger, fingerd, etc. working rock-solid.  Perhaps Andy and I
>Xshould coordinate our efforts.

Hey, has anyone thought of porting CSLIP to the 3b1?  Since my porting talents
are poor if not outright nonexistant, I was wondering if someone was willing
to take up this endeaver.  I will take on this task if noone who is capable
is interested.  If this is true, than I'm interested in knowing what it takes
to port something like this to our beloved little box.  What sort of things
did Andy and Thad do?

Which brings up my other question...Thad, are you going to post your ftp, ftpd,
finger, fingerd, etc or put it somewhere for anon ftp?  No complaints if you
don't, but I was just wondering...

Anyway, thanks again,
- sparkie
P.S.	PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply to the following address:
		harier!sparkie at cs.wisc.edu
	and not to the account I'm posting this from...thnx