Ginsu IV: Last Flight Of The UNIX PC

Steve Simmons scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us
Fri Jul 27 13:02:18 AEST 1990

Humor is it's own reward, but sometimes there's money too.  The Ginsu
PC is now sold down to the last part; acknowlegements have been sent
to all the high bidders.  Two final items:

A blushing *Thanks!* to all the people who liked the ads; never has
my mailbox been so full of nice remarks.  Glad you liked it.

Financial results (lots of people asked "what did you get for X"):

Combo card:	$300
Original 7300 w/weird disk and 3b1 top/ps, OS 2.0 and manuals:	$500
 (note I got 5 offers in 12 hours at that price; should have asked more).
OS 3.5.1 & Xeroxed manuals:	$150.00
7300 top and monitor:	$25.00

Everything else went for relatively small figures (even the 20MB disk
sold, tho real cheap) but the grand total was $1060 -- well within
reach of the $1200 I was originally asking, and far more than the
$800 I was offered for the whole package.

Many thanks to all, and I'm glad you liked the ads.