Laser printer questions

Dave Munroe dave at safari.UUCP
Sat Jul 7 02:59:35 AEST 1990

I have a friend who wants to hook up an HP Laserjet IIP to a Unix PC
running 3.5 software.  The requirements are simple enough: we would like
to be able to use a Times Roman typeface and be able to print, bold and
italics as well.  The original text is created in vi and has nroff codes.

My questions are:

	1. Can this be done with the 3.5 software? (I notice in the Printer
	   Setup, there's an entry for the HP Laserjet; I'm hoping this will
	   also work with the IIP)

	2. Do I use the parallel or serial port? (the appendix in the manual
	   says serial, but the setup menu has an entry for it among the
	   parallel printers)

	3. Can tbl output be sent to the printer with the expected results?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

					...!pacbell!safari!dave
					...!tektronix!reed!qiclab!safari!dave