630 with te3279 broken?

Kevin Darcy kevin at cfctech.cfc.com
Sat Jul 7 07:59:47 AEST 1990

In article <1329 at msa3b.UUCP> kevin at msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>I am trying to use an AT&T 630 terminal with AT&T 3270 Emulator+.
>Unfortunately, the emulator SOMETIMES sends 80 characters plus a newline.
>The 630 generates a newline after receiving the 80th character, and then
>does another newline when it receives the transmitted one.
>
>I cannot just set the 630 to use an 81 column window, because sometimes
>the emulator seems to just transmit 160 characters when it wants to fill
>2 lines.
>
>How can I make the 630 ignore a newline if received immediately after it
>generated one?  (Some other terminals seem to do this -- notably the 620.)
>--
>Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
>gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

Create a "special" terminfo for your 630, flipping the value of "am"
(automargin), recompile your Emulator+ screen maps (it'll pick up whatever
is in your terminfo entry), then put your regular terminfo back.

At least this is how we here interpret the NSSC's answer to the problem.
kevin at cfctech.cfc.com 		  | Kevin Darcy, Unix Systems Administrator
...sharkey!cfctech!kevin          | Technical Services (CFC)
Voice: (313) 948-4863 		  | Chrysler Corporation
Fax:   (313) 948-4975 		  | 27777 Franklin, Southfield, MI 48034